8.30.2009

Snippets of Ferndale, California

One of our first stops in California last week was the town of Ferndale. I'm pretty sure the place has not seen a single change since sometime in 1950. And I get the idea that the locals like it that way.

I always get so excited when driving past fields of cows on the highway, so seeing these guys just a few feet away made me giddy.

We stopped in an antique shop, and I'm not sure if it was the feel of the old town or the four hours of sleep we had, but it felt as thought we walked through the door and back in time.

The couple that owned the store had a huge collection of vintage backstock. Rows and rows of these black shoes were lined up atop their original boxes. I felt as if I were June Cleaver back-to-school shopping for the boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment